The Role of Propaganda in Politics
It’s a fact that we’re vulnerable to emotionally-gratifying advertising, slick marketing campaigns, and especially fear-based communications.
Here’s a fascinating quick video from the godfather of modern advertising (also interestingly Sigmund Freud’s nephew) Edward Bernays. that explores the roots of American “public relations” and propaganda, discover the tricks “they” are using against you.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” Nazi master of propaganda, Joseph Goebbels.
With that Nazi quote in mind, have a look at the following video. Any propaganda here?
- Lew Rockwell explains how The Federal Reserve enables war, empire, and destroys the middle class
- Tom Woods articulates the counter-intuitive nature of war and propaganda
- “Blessed are the peacemakers”
- John Pilger: War, Truth & the Media
- What’s it worth?
- “Christianity and War” with Pastor Laurence M. Vance
- How are we the same? What makes us different?
- “War: Big Government’s Best Friend”
- Lt. Col. Michael Hastings accuses U.S. military of vast Afghan deception