On your birthday, I forgive you Abe…
Here are a couple of his greatest hits that any Lincoln-lover will need some serious CogDissox (meds for sufferers of cognitive dissonance) to get through:
“I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races—that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this, that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.
And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.” Source.
“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.
What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union.”
A couple great vids on the topic:
- Rebel author of “Lincoln Unmasked” responds to the upcoming film, “Lincoln”
- Judge Napolitano raps on executive “kill list”
- I feel sorry for the commies
- Law and contracts are based on consent not force!
- It’s getting hot in the kitchen
- What if Democracy is bunk?
- Judge Napolitano’s “What if?” speech
- Another foreign policy expert endorses Dr. Paul
- US Agents promote terrorism and then claim to prevent it?!